Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 list update!

WOW I only have 892 days until the end of my 1001 days to complete my list!  I'm so happy that I started this project because it's given a little structure in my crazy life--structure to do things that I enjoy.  If I'm stuck about not having a life (I am going for my PhD; I don't think we're supposed to have lives!), I just give a once-over to my list and pick something to do.  So far, I think I'm down 5.5 things with a bunch that I'm working on!

Here are my updates:

1.  I read Alice Walker's The Color Purple (on the Modern Library's top 100 books).  It was a phenomenal book, and an easy read, so if anyone wants to read it, DO IT!  This puts me at 1/15 books to read from that list.
2.  I went to a Suns-Knicks game with my boyfriend in December.  It was  a lot of fun, even though the Suns lost (which was a HUGE surprise!!).  My boyfriend was happy, as he's a Knicks fan.
3.  He also got me a pair of Nike Shox for my birthday in November! This counts as "really comfortable sneakers".  I wear them almost everyday!
4.  I've gone to a friend's party (since one of the things I'd like to do is be more social!).
5.  And finally, today I made homemade cookies and cream ice cream! It can out DELICIOUSLY!

Now for the things I'm working on:
I'm up to 12 books read (out of 150);  8 new recipes (including caramel made from scratch for Christmas.   I was SO proud!); 6 of 30 of the top 500 movies (I finally saw Star Wars!); 7 out of 10 new restaurants (I love eating out!); I've been journalling for 2 days, and hope to make it everyday (for 30 days).

That's all I've been up to!  I'm working on finishing my dissertation research, so everything's going to be crazy for a while, but another update will come eventually!

1 comment:

  1. Caramel made from scratch? sounds so yum!! I hope you plan on sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete